Then my application failed to meet the minimum qualifications for an entry-level, black-box QA position, likely to be given a bare-bones hourly salary. My best guess is that it's location, location, and location. What do you think?
What I Learned - 12/1 to 12/7
- It has now been seen that mobile developers are paying more to aquire users than those users are spending in-game.
- Dean Takahashi; Developers, Brace for a Bloodbath: The Cost of Getting a New Mobile Gamer Exceeds Revenue that User Generates
- .Net and similar off-shoot programming structures are forcing-out a lot of entry-level developers due to the high overhead needed to be learned by the dev before they may even be considered competent in it.
- Justin James; How Entry Level Developers are being Squeezed Out of the Job Field, and What They can do about it
- Justin James; How Entry Level Developers are being Squeezed Out of the Job Field, and What They can do about It
- The Flood in the video game series Halo was designed with how soldiers carry their weapons; right handed people have exposed left flanks! (A Flood's host has a huge bulge on their left side where they were attacked.)
- Titan Books; Halo: The Art of Building Worlds, pg 99
- If a game maker ever feels down about making games, watching an inspiring documentary will light the spark again.
- Realization after watching the movie Us and the Game Industry