Jimmy Chattin - I make better games.

Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Slow Vacation - Mami Update


Well, here it is.  We’re at the end of the week of Spring Break.  And as I update my version control for our project, the log shows only 2 updates: a file I myself created and a single other document.

So, what did I submit?  Well, I created the newest version of our main executable Flash file.  Implementing some tested deletions, I cleaned most of the filler pieces and test objects that have been hanging around since build 1.  Double-checking my changes, the team’s main file is much leaner; it’s not a lot, but it’s at least something to better the project as it is.

The other file is an idea doc of a few thoughts that 2 other members constructed.  I admit I’m a pretty sorry excuse for not reading it, but the summary is that it covers a slight bit more on a puzzle type we’ve been playing around with.  If it works out, it can be utilized in the current level layout plan; if not, we have 2 other puzzle ideas to easily take its place.  Hurray for options!

Despite the efforts taken this week, the projected jump in position of our workflow has been a little limp.  However, please, as a reader, don’t take this as bashing; rather, take it that this is Spring Break at the school, and that any work done is more work than what would have been asked for, given the circumstance.  And, if anything, Team Squaybies should be refreshed and ready to go come this next week.  With a month left of development, Mami is well on its way!

If you have any questions or suggestions for either the game or the development team, or would just like to chat, don’t forget to comment.  I promise to keep updating, and definitely hope that you take care until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment