Jimmy Chattin - I make better games.

Sunday, September 22, 2013

What I Learned - 10

There are some games to play this week; give them a try and comment on what you liked/learned about them!

What I Learned - 9/15 to 9/21


Rockstar's proprietary game engine, RAGE, stands for, "Rockstar Advanced Game Engine".
Steve and Larson; TFTW: Top Ten Things You Should Know About Grand Theft Auto

This is a fantastic of demoing a mechanic to its full potential without losing either focus or fun.
Super Hot the Game and A Super Hot, Mechanic-Driven Game

Blizzard will setback game releases because they are a company of "get it done right", not merely "get it done".
Brom; The Art of Blizzard Entertainment, pg. 9

"Practice does not make perfect; perfect practice makes perfect."
Archedgar; HoN vs LoL vs Dota: Part V, Learning Curve

A lot was learned from the presentation from Jonathan Blow, creator of Braid and The Witness.
Jonathan Blow, as recorded by myself; Jonathan Blow in Portland: Free-to-Play Games and Bad TV


I've been trying a new (and my first) mobile game; expect something on the precious, adorable, mild violence in the puzzle-game Clobbr soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment